The facilities crew members are responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of all the buildings. They work closely with the Facilities Manager on a variety of upkeep tasks in the maintenance and repair management of the Museum. We are looking for a motivated self-starter to fill this crucial role.
- Passion for the Museum’s mission and for stories of WNY
- Team oriented
- Experience cleaning, maintaining floors, groundskeeping
- Experience using hand and electrical tools
- Willingness to abide by protocols for museum security and artifact handling
- Scheduling flexibility, including weekends and some evening hours
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Valid driver’s license
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to understand and follow routine oral and written instructions
- Ability to get along well with others
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and handle multiple priorities
- Ability to independently follow schedule for regularly recurring tasks
- Attention to detail
- Treat museum guests with respect and assist them when needed
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs daily checks of buildings, grounds and facilities for damage, malfunctions, etc. Reports all malfunctions and damage to the Facilities Manager
- Performs cleaning activities such as dusting, vacuuming, mopping, glass cleaning, daily bathroom cleanings, stripping and waxing floors, etc.
- Conducts maintenance tasks such as replacing light bulbs, patching walls, and painting
- Checks and replenishes supplies of soap, paper products, cleaning supplies, etc.
- Removes garbage and recycling from the building
- Sees to seasonal maintenance and grounds upkeep by performing tasks like removing snow and ice, mowing lawn, weeding, raking, collecting trash and debris, etc.
- Prepares museum for opening and closing daily
- Sets up for museum events and tears down tables, chairs, and tents after events
- Regularly sanitizes frequently touched surfaces in the Museum
- Monitors all safety hazards and takes first steps to ensure correction
- Maintains work area in clean and orderly condition as well as tools and equipment
- Completes maintenance and cleaning logs
- Collaborates with workers and other professionals during renovations or large-scale
- Consistently complies with all Museum policies and procedures
- Constantly maintains high performance standards at work with regard to personal
behavior and interactions with staff, guests and outside agencies
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Facilities Manager
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Physical requirements include stooping, kneeling, bending, standing, squatting/crouching, crawling/kneeling, pushing/pulling, climbing (ladders) and reaching above the shoulders and lifting of up to 50lbs. lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as furniture, file cabinets, equipment, boxes, etc. will be required.
Salary and benefits
This full-time non-exempt position will pay an hourly wage of $15.00. In addition, you are entitled to a generous benefits package, including health insurance and paid time off.
How to Apply
Please send a resume to Cory Calogero, firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Facilities Crew Application” in the subject line. No phone calls.