Heritage Travel, Inc. (HTI), a for profit subsidiary of the National Trust for Historic Preservation, seeks a Business & Human Resources Manager to provide general accounting, process revenue payments and expenses for payment, prepare bank reconciliation, financial statements, deposit forms, invoices and wire transfers. In addition, the Business Manager will assist the Controller with audit preparations, tax services and insurance needs. The position will provide certain Human Resource duties such as job requisitions, confirming HTI policies with new employees, serving as contact person for HTI staff and work with HTI senior management on employee policies.
Heritage Travel operates as an independent entity with its own board of directors and management team to promote historic preservation by popularizing and expanding heritage travel. We strive to stimulate interest and enable consumers to increasingly weave "heritage travel" into their plans. We are equally committed to generating significant sustainable net income to support the preservation mission of the National Trust for Historic Preservation.
The Business & Human Resources Manager ensures a smooth, efficient office environment, in part by possessing strong interpersonal and maintaining strong relationships skills with all staff members and with various service providers.
- Maintain accounting in Accounting System software, such as Lawson Business Systems
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Prepare monthly financial statements
- Prepare journal entries
- Process accounts payable and accounts receivable, including the preparation of deposit forms, invoices and checks
- Maintain paper and electronic files of accounting records
Audit and Tax
- Provide accounting support to CPA firms in completion of audit and tax services
- Organize the staff work plan and review process.
- Review and revise Heritage Travel's policies where needed.
- Work with National Trust on any overlapping systems
- Manage staff time sheets and paid time off balances
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- Knowledge of office administration
- Knowledge of human resource management
- Proficiency with automated accounting systems, and Microsoft Office software including Word, Access, Outlook and Excel.
- Candidate must be able to work independently and respond to the demands of a busy staff.
- Strong communication and organizational skills required.
How to Apply:
To apply, please include your cover letter in the body of a message and email your resume as a Word, PDF or Text attachment to 27743-CSemail@example.com.
Keywords: Heritage Travel, Inc. (HTI), National Trust for Historic Preservation, preservation jobs, employment, Washington DC
Posted: November 1, 2008
Unless noted, the thoughts and opinions expressed in the article are solely that of the
author and not necessarily the opinion of the editors of PreservationDirectory.com.