Designing Local, LTD. is a professional services firm and Woman-owned Business Enterprise (WBE) located in Columbus, Ohio. We specialize in arts & culture planning, historic preservation, urban design, and landscape architecture and we have completed projects in over 15 states. Our historic preservation work primarily takes place in Ohio and Kentucky and focuses on three main areas: the facilitation of historic tax credits, work on national register nominations, and the development of design guidelines. We are seeking an intern who will work primarily on historic preservation projects.
- Performs research for historic tax credit applications and national register nominations.
- Performs on-site documentation of historic buildings for various projects.
- Develops written descriptions of architectural components of historic buildings.
- Analyzes architectural plans and describes changes that will be occurring to buildings.
- Participates in meetings with clients, stakeholders, and members of the public.
- Generates graphics for presentations and project communication materials.
- General knowledge of historic architecture, historic planning practices, urban planning and an interest in learning more about the specialized fields of historic tax credit consulting, national register nominations, and design guidelines.
- Understanding of principles and practices of research and data collection.
- Ability to prepare professionally-written reports and memos.
- Working knowledge of general computer programs and applications, which may include Microsoft Office, Google Drive, and various Internet applications.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment which may include several projects or issues simultaneously.
Hours, Office Location, & Compensation
- We expect a minimum of 16 hours per week with an average of 20 hours per week. Weekly hours are flexible and we will adjust the schedule as needed as to accommodate class schedules, major deadlines, and final exams.
- Our office is located on Main Street in the Near East Side of Columbus. We expect an intern to be in the office at least once a week. Remote work is acceptable the remainder of the week.
- Hourly pay rate is $20/HR.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to Josh Lapp at email@example.com.
* Designing Local is an equal opportunity employer in recognition of the essential rights of all qualified applicants and employees. We prohibit discrimination in employment with regard to race, color, religion, sex (including sexual harassment), national origin, disability, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation and/or military status.
Unless noted, the thoughts and opinions expressed in the article are solely that of the
author and not necessarily the opinion of the editors of PreservationDirectory.com.