Restore Oregon seeks an organized, creative, problem-solver to be its Office Manager!
The office manager maintains the behind-the-scenes operations of Restore Oregon. They keep everything organized, up to date, and functioning by maintaining systems, filings, and renewals. The office manager also manages human resources for the organization by supporting staff and working with Directors to conduct recruitment and onboarding. The office manager will promote and support diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) concepts in their own work and throughout the organization.
This is a part-time, remote position located in Portland, OR. Applicants will need to be located in the Portland Metro area in order to check the organization’s mailbox located in the Sellwood neighborhood.
Founded in 1977, Restore Oregon is a state-wide, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, supported by members/donors, led by a volunteer board, and staffed by professionals, who help people save and revitalize historic places and spaces. We work on the front lines and behind the scenes to leverage relationships, resources, and creativity to preserve, protect, and pass forward Oregon's heritage. Restore Oregon promotes inclusive historic preservation as a means of preserving our region’s cultural heritage, and as a tool for solving challenges such as insufficient affordable housing, stalled economic development, and negative impacts from climate change. We advocate for effective policies and incentives, deliver quality educational programs, and directly intervene to save endangered places that matter to Oregonians.
Duties and Responsibilities
? Office Management
o Virtual office systems management – manage renewals and changes, user licenses, and troubleshooting for current and future systems. Current systems include Google workspace, QuickBooks Online, Adobe products, Microsoft office products, Smartsheet, SchoolAuction/Tofino, and Bloomerang.
o Organize and maintain digital and physical filing systems.
o Research and acquire necessary equipment and supplies.
o Physically pick-up mail bi-weekly, more often during year-end fundraising.
o Route incoming calls, emails, and mail.
o Track and renew business filings, subscriptions, insurance, and other regular renewals.
o Maintain and update organizational procedures manual.
o Manage cyber-security systems and policies.
o Ability to adapt oneself and schedule for one time projects or unanticipated duties.
? Human Resources
o Manage hiring process for interns or staff as needed, to include recruiting and onboarding.
o Interface with payroll company to update staff information.
o Maintain confidentiality of staff records in the filing system.
o Research employment laws and best practices to update the employee handbook yearly, and as needed.
o Ensure all employment laws are followed.
o Administer employee health insurance plan and manage open enrollment.
o Promote and assist with DEI training and integration of DEI concepts in the organization’s work.
o Develop policies and strategies to promote a healthy work environment through research and feedback from staff.
o Accounts Payable – Manage approval workflow and process approved payments through digital bill pay system.
o Be familiar with the bookkeeping system to interface with external bookkeeper and accountant about specific transactions and reporting.
o Coordinate and facilitate grant funds administration.
o Make deposits to the bank and record donations received in Bloomerang.
o Submit monthly OregonSaves deposit.
Qualifications and Qualities
- Ability and willingness to learn new software and systems.
- Creative thinking and willingness to work with the team to develop new procedures and problem-solve.
- Organized and able to plan and manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Passion for promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
- Must be able to regularly pick up mail in the Sellwood neighborhood of Portland, OR by means of transportation that will require one hour or less of total travel time.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary is $24-26 per hour for a part-time (20 hrs/week) position.
- Work is accomplished in a virtual office setting by maintaining a home office with sufficient internet access. Organization provides support, as necessary, to provide a professional working environment including:
- $85/month technology stipend for basic internet and cell phone service
- Laptop with webcam provided, if needed
- Options for occasional coworking space
- Restore Oregon offers Oregon Saves as a retirement savings plan funded by employee contributions
- 10 paid holidays
- 15 days of PTO per year (prorated for part time hours); with increased time given as tenure with organization increases
- Restore Oregon will work with candidates on their specific needs to maximize job satisfaction and productivity
Equal Opportunity Employer
Restore Oregon is committed to equity within historic preservation work. For that reason, we do not discriminate based on race; ethnicity; gender or gender identity; sexual orientation; national origin; ancestry; age; marital status; veteran status; mental or physical disability not affecting one’s ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation; religion; or any other protected characteristic covered under federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all areas of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. If any part of our hiring process has created an undue barrier or hardship, please let us know so that we may explore accommodations with you.
Please submit all applications through our careers page at Restoreoregon.org/careers. All applications must be submitted through the form on our website to ensure the most equitable hiring process. Using this form will allow us to do blind resume reviews, in which all identifying personal information will be hidden and resume content will be assessed using a standardized rating tool. If you have any problems with this form or need accommodation to apply by a different method, please contact us.