Development Director: (reports to Executive Director.) Whatcom Museum in Bellingham, WA. Directs the activities of the Development Department, including Annual Campaign, Capital Campaign, Corporations and Foundations, Special Project Fundraising, Planned Giving, and Government support. Advises management team of fundraising implications of programmatic decisions. As part of the Whatcom Museum Management team, participates in institutional policy setting, program implementation, fiscal oversight and program evaluation. Works directly with members of the Board of Directors.
- Five to ten years successful experience with increasing responsibility in non-profit fundraising and membership management.
- Successful experience with major gifts solicitation and management of capital campaigns.
- Supervisory experience in development.
- Excellent written and public communication skills.
- Familiarity with customary office software and experience with specialized fundraising and membership software applications.
- Excellent public speaking skills and a track record of civic engagement.
Salary range $49,000 - $55,000, negotiable. Benefits available. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a letter, resume, and three references.
Keywords: Whatcom Museum, Executive Director, employment, jobs, museum jobs, Bellingham Washington
Posted: February 3, 2009
Unless noted, the thoughts and opinions expressed in the article are solely that of the
author and not necessarily the opinion of the editors of PreservationDirectory.com.