The Board is excited to announce the October 6-8, 2023 SAH MDR meeting to be held in Vancouver, WA and Portland, OR (separated only by a bridge!) alongside the vibrant RevitalizeWA conference.
These two collaborative events have been designed by leadership on both sides to compliment each other in hopes that you will attend both events, though you are welcome to attend merely one or the other — our SAH MDR events are affordable and educational, and RevitalizeWA has offered our members a significant discount to their line-up.
Here's what you need to know:
SAH MDR Portion
- 10/6 Friday night SAH MDR social hour in Vancouver, WA
- 10/7 Saturday morning paper sessions & lightening talks, and Potter Award winner presentation by Tim Wood in Vancouver, WA
Lunch on your own; https://www.cartopiafoodcarts.com/ suggested
- 10/7 Saturday afternoon guided walking tour of Portland's Ladd's Addition with Prof. Julianne Sandlin
- 10/8 Sunday morning board & member retreat in Portland
- 10/8 Sunday guided tour of the Portland Chinese Garden with Prof. Anthony Clark
How to register:
- You will find SAH MDR meeting registration links for both regular members and students, here: https://sahmdr.org/membership
- Once registered we will follow up with more a more detailed schedule of events, including times and location specifics.
RevitalizeWA is Washington's annual statewide conference focused on the continued care of place through historic preservation, placemaking, and economic development. As a partner in this important work, you are invited to attend this years RevitalizeWA using our special discount for members of the Society of Architectural Historians Marion Dean Ross/PNW Chapter." Explore the full offerings from October 4-6 at the below registration link.
How to register — early-bird rates expire August 15: