AiP’s hands-on building conservation workshops are held around the world and attended by professionals, students, community members and interested laypersons. Our teams volunteer to complete much-needed work on historic buildings as they learn valuable preservation skills. AiP teams build communities, restore housing, and promote economic sustainability, all through the ecologically sustainable approach of historic preservation.
For more information, please see AiP’s website at www.adventuresinpreservation.org.
Mission - Saving the world’s architectural heritage by supporting community-driven preservation projects that seek to create economic and environmental sustainability.
MARKETING SPECIALIST POSITION DESCRIPTION: AiP is in need of a Marketing Specialist to join our Board of Directors. This is a great opportunity for a qualified individual who is passionate about AiP’s mission and about bringing volunteers to our projects to help save historic buildings.
- Carries out the responsibilities of a member of the Board of Directors
- Maintains knowledge of the organization and personal commitment to its goals and objectives
Duties as Marketing Specialist:
Qualifications and Special Skills Required: The Marketing Specialist must have either a bachelor's or master's degree in business administration, marketing or a related field, or have equivalent on-the-job training. This position requires excellent skills in written and verbal communication.
- Conduct research to identify clients and sector opportunities
- Provide guidance to staff and Board members and assist with the writing of press releases, copy for marketing materials, newsletter, annual reports and media kits.
- Initiate media opportunities and build relationships with key industry media.
- Work closely with the Web Manager to ensure messaging is consistent with overall marketing and communication objectives
- Work with interns to coordinate events including speaking engagements, seminars, trade shows and exhibits.
Board Term: Board members serve a two-year term and are eligible for re-appointment for two additional terms based on Board approval. Board meetings will be held the second Thursday of every other month, beginning in January of each year.
Time Commitments and Expected Financial Obligations:
Duties of the Marketing Specialist will require at least 8 hours per month.
The Marketing Specialist, along with all Board members, will consider AiP a philanthropic priority and make annual gifts that reflect that priority, so that AiP can credibly solicit contributions from foundations, organizations, and individuals. AiP expects all Board members to raise and/or contribute a target amount of US$500 annually, in addition to supporting fundraising efforts for specific projects.
Board members serve on a volunteer basis and without remuneration, except for travel and accommodation costs in relation to Board members’ duties.
Adventures in Preservation is located in Boulder, Colorado, with a satellite office in Hong Kong. We are pleased you are considering joining the Board of our dynamic organization. Please send a letter of interest, along with a resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org; for questions, call +1 303 444 0128.