Northwest History Network - Call for Microfunding Proposals
Contributed By: Northwest History Network
Email The Author: email@example.com
The Northwest History Network is seeking applications for competitive awards of up to $250 to fund equipment, services, and other one-time needs for history projects. Proposed projects should advance one or more of NHN’s organizational goals:
To apply, please respond to the following:
- Provide professional support for community partners documenting, preserving, and/or presenting their histories.
- Facilitate communication and foster collaboration between public and private organizations, educational institutions, libraries, museums, and archives.
- Protect and increase preservation and access to historical resources and materials.
- Expand historical education by using non-traditional venues to present public history projects.
- Use varied strategies and technologies to promote appreciation and understanding of the past.
- Foster a non-competitive and supportive atmosphere for those committed to public history.
Submit completed proposals to the NHN Project Committee Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Project title or brief description (15 words or less)
- Contact information for Project Director (individual responsible for managing project and communicating with NHN)
- Summary of project (200 words or less)
- Describe how this project relates to NHN’s goals listed at the top of this document (200 words or less)
- Amount of funding requested up to $250 and how it will be used
Proposals are due May 1, 2013. In June, the Project Committee will recommend projects to the Board for funding. You will be notified of the Board’s decision by early July.
Posted: February 27, 2013
Unless noted, the thoughts and opinions expressed in the article are solely that of the
author and not necessarily the opinion of the editors of PreservationDirectory.com.