Van Alen Institute is pleased to offer an opportunity for architecture, design, and historic preservation professionals to apply for fiscal sponsorship for New York State Council on the Arts Independent Project grants.
NYSCA's 2014 program in Architecture, Planning, and Design makes grants of up to $10,000 available for individuals (or teams) to creatively research an issue or problem in architecture, design, and/or historic preservation that advances the relevant field and contributes to the public’s understanding of design. The category seeks projects that are innovative in nature and emphasize artistry and design excellence.
If you’re interested in applying, please visit our website to review full program guidelines and download an application form. And feel free to share this announcement!
- Supported design fields include architecture, landscape architecture, and graphic, fashion, industrial, furniture, and interior design.
- Only New York State residents are eligible to apply.
- Visual artists whose work references the built environment are not eligible.
- Student projects are not eligible.
- Individuals may only be involved in one project request per year.
Unless noted, the thoughts and opinions expressed in the article are solely that of the
author and not necessarily the opinion of the editors of PreservationDirectory.com.