Historic Chicago Bungalow Association Presents 11th Annual Richard H. Driehaus Foundation Bungalow Awards
Contributed By: Historic Chicago Bungalow Association
CHICAGO (December 14, 2015): Highlighting the very best in bungalow rehabilitation and restoration projects from the past year, while encouraging others to strive for greatness in their own projects, the Historic Chicago Bungalow Association (HCBA) presented the 11th Annual Richard H. Driehaus Foundation Bungalow Awards.
The winners of the 11th Annual Richard H. Driehaus Foundation Bungalow Awards were awarded a cash prize of $1,000 and a handcrafted copper HCBA plaque. The winning projects are now exhibited online at www.chicagobungalow.org and on social media. Nominees were judged on overall visual impression, the creative design solution, and how well the project maintains the integrity of the Historic Chicago Bungalow.
Awards were presented to the following recipients:
“We are especially pleased to have so many young couples and families as winners this year,” said Mary Ellen Guest, Executive Director of the Historic Chicago Bungalow Association. “It was heartening to receive so many nominations from younger, first-time homeowners, driving new energy and strength to our neighborhoods.”
- Best Exterior Rehabilitation Project: Jeffrey Kosmeder (Forest Glen)
- Best Interior Rehabilitation Project: Angela Finney (Avondale)
- Best Interior Rehabilitation Project Honorable Mention: Ted and Allison Kiper (Beverly)
- Best Interior Rehabilitation Project Honorable Mention: John and Elaine Aranza (Bridgeport)
- Best Interior Restoration Project: Michael Gordon (Albany Park)
- Best Interior Restoration Project Honorable Mention: Tara Shade and Michael Menelli (North Center)
- Best Interior Restoration Project Honorable Mention: Morgan and Phil Bergren (Portage Park)
- Best Small Project: Phillip Williams (Greater Grand Crossing)
- Best Small Project Honorable Mention: Kevin Connolly (Beverly)
- Best Landscape Design Project: Josephine Crosse (Portage Park)
- Best Landscape Design Project Honorable Mention: Andrell Holloway (Austin)
- Judge’s “Green” Choice Award: Kristen Pratt (Hermosa)
Judges for the 2015 Richard H. Driehaus Foundation Bungalow Awards included the following: Carla Bruni, Sustainability and Preservation Consultant; Suzanne Germann, Landmarks Illinois; Faith Rackow, Former Deputy Director at the Historic Chicago Bungalow Association; Jackie Riffice, Expert Gardener/Founder of Prairie Godmothers; Terry Tatum, Historic Preservationist; Emily Wallrath Schmidt, National Main Street Center; Jackie Wiese, Elevate Energy.
For more information on the Annual Richard H. Driehaus Foundation Bungalow Awards or the Historic Chicago Bungalow Association, please visit www.chicagobungalow.org or call 312-675-0300.
The Historic Chicago Bungalow Association works in partnership with the City of Chicago’s Department of Planning and Development to keep neighborhoods affordable through energy-efficient rehabilitation and preservation.
Posted: December 14, 2015
Unless noted, the thoughts and opinions expressed in the article are solely that of the
author and not necessarily the opinion of the editors of PreservationDirectory.com.