Archaeological Evaluation, Inventory Assessment and Research Design for Future Projects, Yap State Historic Preservation Office (Yap, Micronesia)
Contributed By: Yap State Historic Preservation Office
The Yap State Historic Preservation Office (YSHPO) of the Department of Youth and Civic Affairs is soliciting for bids from qualified individuals or firms (Contractor)
to conduct an intensive archaeological survey of the Mangyol Stone Money Banks
Cultural Site and surrounding areas located in Makiy village, Gagil Municipality, Yap State, Federated States of Micronesia. Interested individuals or firms must have a qualified principal investigator (PI) who meets the DOI Secretary’s Standards (36 CFR 61.4) for archaeological research with at least a Master’s degree in archaeology and two (2) years of unsupervised field work experience in conducting archaeological survey and inventory of archaeological or cultural sites. The PI must be on site for at least two (2) months for field works.
The following tasks are required in the performance and implementation
of this project:
(1) Conduct background research prior to arrival by collecting /reviewing previous reports, maps, photos, and other relevant information and data
(2) Develop a research design for review by YSHPO and National Park Service, DOI prior to arrival on Yap.
(3) Consultation with the local stakeholders such as the traditional councils and other
government agencies including YSHPO and NGOs
(4) Prepare and submit draft report for review by YSHPO and NPS and
(5) Issuance of the final report. FINAL REPORT must meet Secretary’s of the Interior’s Standards for Archaeology and NPS requirements.
Each proposal will beevaluated for meeting YSHPO goals, clarity, and reasonableness of the proposal on a scale of 1-5 (five is the highest) for each requirement, averaged, and compared to other received submissions. This project shall be treated on a
The RFP bidding will expire December 28, 2016. YSHPO retains the right to reject any and all proposals or waive any irregularities with any proposal. For further questions, contact YSHPO at P.O Box 714 Colonia, Yap 96943 or e-mail address at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 691-350-4226. Bids can be e-mailed or mailed to YSHPO at the address provided above.
Keywords: Archaeological Evaluation, Inventory Assessment and Research Design for Future Projects
Posted: November 30, 2016
Unless noted, the thoughts and opinions expressed in the article are solely that of the
author and not necessarily the opinion of the editors of PreservationDirectory.com.