Minidoka national Historic Site, Jerome, ID
It all happened so quickly. The people of Japanese Ancestry (Nikkei) on the West coast of the United States had made lives for themselves in spite of discrimination, but on December 7, 1941, everything changed. After the attack on pearl harbor, panicked people believed every Japanese person could be a potential spy, ready and willing to assist in an invasion that was expected at any moment. Many political leaders, army officers, newspaper reports, and ordinary people came to believe that everyone of Japanese ancestry, including American citizens, needed to be removed form the West coast.
The site is located in Jerome, ID about 30 minutes from Twin Falls, ID
Ocean Sales, LLC client is currently hiring a Superintendent / Site Manager to oversee construction of the rehabilitation of the Minidoka Internment Camp Historic Relocation Center, Warehouse #5 and adaptively reuse the facility to serve as the Minidoka Visitor Contact Station. Associated visitor facilities will also be added. Other structure include rehabilitation of the historic wood-framed warehouse, to include a visitor reception / information desk, ranger office, theater and interpretive exhibit space. In addition, construction of new visitor center restrooms in the adjacent structure, on an historic concrete slave. Project value is approximately $5M. Project is awarded and expanding in scope with a period of performance approximately 9 months.
As a Superintendent, he/she shall serve as the on site manager reporting to the Corporate Project Manager. He/she will coordinate construction activities, oversee the safety and quality program, subcontractors, work prioritization, schedule and budget. Experience with interpreting USG contracts, reviewing and completing submittals, RFI's and change orders is required. The superintendent shall work directly with the National Park Service representatives and face of the client, adhere to and lead all construction meetings, ensure documents and information is ready for meetings, reporting and according to contract requirements.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
1. Prefer Historic Preservation and Working with NPS
2. 5 years of supervisory field experience performing and supervising civil, electrical, mechanical and structural works
3. 4 year college degree preferred but not required. Concentration on Architecture, Construction Management or other related fields.
4. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, SharePoint, Excel
5. Must possess strong organization skills
6. must display strong written and oral communications skills
7. Ability to act professionally with all levels with a government organization
8. Ability to work independently and with attention to detail
Compensation and terms:·
- Employment Type: 1099 Consultant OR Direct Hire
- Base Salary: $95K - $105K
- Accommodations: Paid rental one bedroom nice apartment including utilities
- Allowances: fuel and food
- Relocation: allowance to move household goods and/or travel costs, i.e., gas, lodging enroute.
- Other: spouse or other may accompany employee.