Greetings Historic Home Seekers,
We are happy to announce the availability of our free resource guide, "Preservation Resources on the Web". As part of a presentation that we gave in Portland, Oregon at the Architectural Heritage Center's recent "Old House Fair", we put together a comprehensive powerpoint packet of information covering topics of high interest to the preservation and restoration community. We have identified the best places on the web (with direct links) for information related to historic preservation, including working with your State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO), funding/grant/tax credit information, historic real estate resources, building restoration guidelines, downtown and mainstreet revitalization, and much more.
While the presentation includes specific resources for Portland and the State of Oregon (given the location of our lecture), there are countless national and general resources that you will find of great interest. To receive a free pdf of the presentation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-223-4939. Please note, due to high demand and the cost of postage, we are only able to email electronic copies.
To download a word document of the official press release, please click the following file link: PD1_resourceguide.doc
Please feel free to post this announcement on your website, and please distribute freely to your friends and colleagues interested in historic and cultural resource preservation after you receive the pdf. As always, below is this month's featured property and featured real estate agent specializing in historic real estate:
|This Month's Featured Property:|
||"Coal Heritage Trail" Inn: Mansion & Theatre|
Eckman, West Virginia
Built ca.1900 as the Empire Coal & Coke Company's "Miner's Clubhouse", and listed on West Virginia's "Coal Heritage Trail". Mansion was a privately-owned residence for miner's family in the 1940s and 1950s, a State Police Barracks, and the offices of Hawley Coal, 1960s-1970s. Theatre built ca. 1995. Mansion and Theatre restored by current owners in 2002. National Landmark Status has not been applied for, but is possible, as this is the only surviving historic building in the area.
To View This Property, Click Here
|This Month's Featured Real Estate Agent:|
- Be sure to check out our weekly "Featured Properties for Sale". Each week we feature 5 properties on the Featured Property page, as well as 1 property on our homepage / sidebar of each page. To view these properties, click here.
- Interested in adding your listing(s) as a Featured Property? When adding your property through our secure online form, you will have the option of making your property a featured property (or after you have listed your property, simply log into our "Members Area" using your email/password, click on "My Property Listings", and click "Add as Featured" next to the listing(s) you would like to feature).
Real Estate Agent Directory:
- Be sure to view the new members of our "Real Estate Agent" directory - recently added to the website, our new directory features agents from all over the United States who can help you find your historic dream house, with more being added each month. To view the directory, please click here.
- Interested in listing on our "Real Estate Agent" directory? Add your profile (contact information, photo, mission statement, and list of properties currently listed on PreservationDirectory.com) to our site and be seen by the thousands of daily visitors to our site who are actively seeking to purchase a historic home. Also, when your agent listing is active, you receive 20% off all future property listings. For more information, please click here.
View Homes and Properties in a variety of ways, plus tools for tracking properties listed:
- Sort properties by location, square footage, price, bed/baths, and architectural style.
- All properties added in last 60 days are featured in our "New Listings" directory.
- For those listing properties, view "number of page views", edit listings through our members area at anytime, and upload photos directly to our site.
| New Listings Added in Past 60 Days:|