Now in its 9th year, the purpose of the DeMuro Award is to promote historic preservation and reuse in Oregon by spotlighting and celebrating outstanding rehabilitation projects, and sharing the lessons learned from those case studies. It honors the legacy of our friend and Board member, Art DeMuro, whose career embodied vision, persistence, creativity, excellence, and sound economics.
The purpose of the DeMuro award is to:
The DeMuro Award is open to any project that fit the following criteria:
- Inspire more historic preservation in Oregon
- Recognize significant leaders in the field
- Promote excellence in the practice of historic preservation
- Build partnerships between Oregon preservation professional and advocacy communities
Does your project fit the criteria?
- Rehabilitation/redevelopment of a structure, public space or cultural landscape at least 50 years old.
- Compatible addition to a historic building or infill development within a historic district.
- Completed in Oregon within the last five years (2015-Present).
- Self nominations are welcome.
- Previous applicants (that haven’t been awarded) from 2015-present may re-apply.
Learn more or start your application today!
Unless noted, the thoughts and opinions expressed in the article are solely that of the
author and not necessarily the opinion of the editors of PreservationDirectory.com.