FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – August 26, 2008
Contact: Tim Cannan (503) 223-4939
Portland, Oregon - As part of a presentation given by Tim Cannan, President of PreservationDirectory.com, at the Architectural Heritage Center's "Old House Fair", we are pleased to announce the availability of a free comprehensive resource guide for historic and cultural resource preservation. The title of the resource guide is "Preservation Resources on the Web".
The comprehensive resource guide presents primary online resources in the field of historic and cultural resource preservation, with an emphasis on resources in Portland and the State of Oregon. Topics include researching your historic home; funding sources and tax credit programs available; utilizing your State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO); finding an undergrad/graduate program in historic preservation; historic real estate resources online; preservation event/conference directories; and much more.
We may develop future resource guides that emphasize other locales and regions, but as the presentation was given in Portland, OR, the emphasis is on Portland and Oregon resources. The presentation does cover national resources in depth, so this will be of interest to preservationists and historic homeowners everywhere.
The comprehensive "Preservation Resources on the Web" resource guide provides information for the following categories:
- Primary Online Resources for Historic Preservation:
- Oregon State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO)
- National Resources for Historic Preservation
- Portland & Oregon Resources for Historic Preservation
- Online Resources for Common Topics Related to Historic & Cultural Resource Preservation:
- Funding Sources, Tax Credit & Preservation Easement Programs
- Blogs, RSS Feeds & Preservation News
- Historic Real Estate Services
- Building Restoration Resources
- Event & Conference Directories for Historic Preservation
- Historic & Cultural Resource Educational Resources & Programs
- Employment in Historic & Cultural Resource Management
- Laws, Rules, Regulations & Legislative Resources
- Downtown & Mainstreet Revitalization
- Identifying Architectural Styles
- Heritage Travel Resources
- Bookstores & Publications
- Endangered History Programs & Resources
- Miscellaneous Resources
To request a free copy of the presentation, please contact us at email@example.com or 503-223-4939 and we will send you a free copy.
As stated above, additional presentations may be developed in the future that focus on other regions/States. For more information, please don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 503-223-4939. Please distribute and post freely.
PreservationDirectory.com is a primary online resource for historic preservation, building restoration and cultural resource management in the United States & Canada. Our goal is to foster the preservation of historic buildings, historic downtowns and neighborhoods, cultural resources and to promote heritage tourism by facilitating communication among historic preservation professionals and the general public. Founded in 1999 and headquartered in Portland, Oregon, PreservationDirectory.com has continually expanded and evolved to cover a comprehensive array of topics and resources of most interest to the historic and cultural resource community.
Tim Cannan, President
7017 N. Alma Ave
Portland, OR 97203
- PreservationDirectory.com -