Forgotten Landscapes Research, LLC is a woman-owned, mission driven, and values-based historic preservation and public history consulting firm in Maryland.
Responsibilities: We are seeking 1-2 interns to help with ongoing and future historic preservation and public history projects. Each project is different with its own set of expectations and responsibilities. Example responsibilities include:
- Conducting historical research
- Writing and editing historical narratives
- Documenting historic resources through photography and/or measured drawings
- Analyzing historic resources for architectural & historic significance
Qualifications: We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications and skills:
- Experience performing historic research
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of historic preservation and/or history best practices
- Familiarity with architectural styles and historic construction methods
- Ability to work independently
- Organizational skills
- Willingness to learn & collaborate with others
- Close attention to detail
Requirements: Candidates must have at least one semester complete at the graduate level, 3 years complete at the undergraduate level, or at least one year of experience performing related tasks.
Payment: $15-18/hour depending on qualifications.
Schedule: 5-10 hours per week. Fully remote, with potential for travel in Maryland or other east coast locations
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and two references to
ForgottenLandscapesResearch@gmail.com by November 18, 2022.
For more information on Forgotten Landscapes Research, LLC, visit our website at: