Yearly pay rate: $55K - $70K
- Perform carpentry work on historic preservation projects as directed by supervisors. Work to include structural stabilization, framing, finish carpentry, window restoration/replication, and door restoration/replication. Position includes both site work and shop work.
- Generate MTO’s for the carpentry component of each job. Work with supervisor to procure all
- Provide supervisor with daily update of progress onsite or in shop.
- Comply with all company safety policies.
- Assist with other tasks as directed by supervisor.
- 5 years professional experience; journeyman level skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend construction documents.
- Complete jobsite tool package.
- Reliable work vehicle; willingness to travel for work using personal vehicle.
- 2 years college, trade school, and/or apprenticeship.
- Familiarity with the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for the Preservation of Historic Buildings
and established preservation practices, as demonstrated by participation in at least 3 historic
- Experience restoring wood windows and doors.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
Please submit the following via e-mail:
- Minimum 3 professional references; include contact information.
- If possible, list of minimum 3 historic projects worked on; include contact information for project owner and/or supervisor.
- Salary requirements and availability.
- Health insurance including
- Paid holidays
- Retirement plan
Keywords: Colorado, Historic Preservation, Skilled Trades, Contractor, Carpenter, Employment
Posted: November 11, 2022
Unless noted, the thoughts and opinions expressed in the article are solely that of the
author and not necessarily the opinion of the editors of PreservationDirectory.com.