Honor an incredible person, project, organization, or historic site open to the public that has transformed your community through historic preservation. Shine a national spotlight on those creatively interpreting, saving, or adaptively using important community landmarks, those sharing the country’s rich heritage in unique ways, or those completing innovative preservation projects that greatly impact your town.
Nominate them to receive a prestigious National Preservation Award and the opportunity to elevate their preservation efforts before a national audience. The National Preservation Awards are presented during the annual PastForward conference, this year in Washington, D.C. November 8-10. Categories include:
- Richard H. Driehaus Foundation National Preservation Awards: Celebrates the “best of the best” in preservation projects.?
- The Louise du Pont Crowninshield Award: Presented since 1960, honors an amazing individual for their lifetime of achievement and substantial contributions to the preservation field.?
- Emerging Leaders in Historic Preservation Award: Recognizes an emerging professional making significant contributions in their community or field.?
- Trustee's Award for Organizational Excellence: Recognizes a tremendous nonprofit organization that demonstrates sustained achievement in historic preservation.?
- National Trust/Advisory Council on Historic Preservation Award for Federal Partnerships in Historic Preservation: Honors outstanding partnerships that advance the preservation of important historic resources and have an impact on the community.??
- Trustees Emeritus Award for Historic Site Stewardship: Recognizes success and innovation at historic sites open to the public.?
Unless noted, the thoughts and opinions expressed in the article are solely that of the
author and not necessarily the opinion of the editors of PreservationDirectory.com.