Newport Restoration Foundation (NRF) seeks proposals from consultants to guide
a multi-phase energy efficiency study and retrofit of an 18th-century
residential building in Newport, RI. The
project will focus on 175 Spring Street, a c.1777
three-story single-family property in the Newport Historic District of
plank-frame construction. The project will be used as a case study and
prototype to inform future energy efficiency improvements at similar 18th-
and 19th-century buildings in Newport.
of the project are:
- Complete a comprehensive energy audit of the study site (baseline)
- Propose several energy retrofits/alterations that consider efficiency, new technologies and materials, historic fabric, and socially progressive preservation concepts
- Assemble expert review committee to select sensitive retrofits
- Implement selected retrofits
- Complete a final comprehensive energy audit to assess outcome of retrofits
- Package retrofits to be easily transferrable to similar buildings (both within NRF’s house collection and private ownership)
Please review the full RFP HERE to submit a proposal.
Proposals are due April 7, 2023 at 5pm EST.
Keywords: RFP, consultant, Newport, energy efficiency, design, retrofit
Posted: March 3, 2023
Unless noted, the thoughts and opinions expressed in the article are solely that of the
author and not necessarily the opinion of the editors of PreservationDirectory.com.