The Historic Lodging directory has been connecting heritage tourists with historic inns, bed and breakfasts, and hotels since 1999. Our site is the premier destination for those seeking preservation-related information and heritage opportunities, and as such is a great place to gain exposure for owners and operators of historic lodging. Below is an overview for those considering a listing in the historic lodging directory - if you are ready to list now, click here to use our secure online form (there is another link at the bottom of this page).
There are 3 types of listings available - (1) a text-only listing, (2) a small graphic listing and (3) a large graphic listing.
- Inn/B&B/Hotel Name
- Descriptive Text (available for Graphic Listings Only)
- Logo or Photo (available for Graphic Listings Only)
How Much Does it Cost to List My Historic Inn / B&B / Hotel?
- Text Listing - $95/year
- Small Graphic Listing - $150/year
- Large Graphic Listing - $185/year
If you choose a small or large graphic listing, you can submit your ready-to-post artwork via our online form (see link at the bottom of this page). Here are the dimension and format requirements - if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.
- Small Graphic Listing:
Dimensions: 270 pixels (wide) x 150 pixels (high)
Format: PNG or GIF file
- Large Graphic Listing:
Dimensions: 500 pixels (wide) x 200 pixels (high)
Format: PNG or GIF file
If you choose a graphic listing and currently do not have a ready-to-post graphic, we will create a graphic listing for you (at no additional charge). Below is an example of the small graphic listing (top) and a large graphic listing (bottom):
Why List Your Historic Inn, Bed and Breakfast, or Hotel on PreservationDirectory.com?
- AUDIENCE - Our site is a major destination for those seeking historic lodging and heritage tourism opportunities on the internet. We receive approximately 4,500 unique users each day, all of whom are interested in historic preservation and heritage travel. Our visitors include architects, historical society members, National Trust for Historic Preservation members, museum curators, building restoration professionals - exactly those who prefer to stay in a historic setting when traveling.
- SEARCH ENGINES DON'T LIE - PreservationDirectory.com has had a major presence online since launching in 1999. In that time it has risen to the top of the major search engines, making it very easy to find for those searching for information on historic preservation, heritage travel, historic lodging, historic homes for sale, restoration funding sources, and other topics related to historic and cultural resource preservation. PreservationDirectory.com currently has the following rankings on Google when entering the following keywords:
- Keyword="historic lodging"; Rank=#1 on Google Search
- Keyword="historic bed and breakfast"; Rank=#3 on Google Search
- Keyword="historic inn directory"; Rank=#4 on Google Search
- Keyword="historic bed and breakfast directory"; Rank=#2 on Google Search
- Keyword="historic preservation resources"; Rank=#1 on Google Search
- Keyword="historic inns"; Rank=#2 on Google Search
- Keyword="historic hotel directory"; Rank=#7 on Google Search
- HUNDREDS OF SITES LINK TO PRESERVATIONDIRECTORY.com - Over 500 historic preservation, cultural resource management and building restoration websites currently link to PreservationDirectory.com, making our site (and your listing) easy to find on the internet. The amount of sites that link to a website also increase its ranking on Google Search (that is why PreservationDirectory.com is at the top of the search engines for a variety of terms). To view a PDF of the sites currently linking to PreservationDirectory.com, click here.
- LOW COST + HIGH VISIBILITY = GREAT INVESTMENT
Our mission is to serve the historic preservation community, and as such we keep our advertisting costs as low as possible - all while providing high visibility to those advertising on our website. Print publications charge literally thousands of dollars per issue to advertise, while our starting "text listing" works out to be a little under $8/month ($95/year), our "small graphic listing" is only $13/month ($150/year), and our "large graphic listing" is only $15/month ($185/year). With our focused heritage travel and preservation audience, this makes a listing in our historic lodging directory a great investment for your marketing budget.
- PASSWORD PROTECTED "MEMBERS AREA" - Allows editing and monitoring of your listing 24 hours a day, 7 days per week.
- GOOGLE™ MAPS INTEGRATION - Your historic hotel, bed & breakfast, inn, and/or motel is automatically linked to Google™ Maps, allowing our website users (and your potential guests) the ability to easily find you.
- JOIN HUNDREDS OF HISTORIC INNS, BED & BREAKFASTS, HISTORIC INNS, and MOTELS - The Historic Lodging Directory on PreservationDirectory.com currently includes over 600 historic lodging destinations in the United States and Canada, with more added each week.