Welcome to PreservationDirectory.com - the online resource for historic preservation, building restoration and cultural resource management in the United States & Canada. Our goal is to foster the preservation of historic buildings, historic downtowns and neighborhoods, cultural resources and to promote heritage tourism by facilitating communication among historic preservation professionals and the general public.
HistoricFunding.com Has Launched!
Are you currently seeking funding sources for your historic preservation / restoration project? Or are you seeking funding for a project to preserve cultural resources? How about funding for the arts (writing, visual and/or performing arts funding)? We are very happy to announce the official launch of HistoricFunding.com - providing funding for historic preservation and restoration, cultural resources and the arts.
HistoricFunding.com includes over 7,500 funding sources (grants, loans, tax incentives, rebate programs, CLG funds, and easement programs), as well as work-training and educational resources (apprenticeships, fellowships and internships, scholarships, and residency programs).
HistoricFunding.com provides comprehensive funding and work-training/educational resources, which cover the various fields within cultural resource management. There are programs for historic preservation and building restoration (including emergency repair programs), museums and cultural resource conservation, architecture and design, downtown and main street revitalization, libraries and archives, archaeology, the arts (performing, visual, writing) and the humanities.
Programs are available Locally/Countywide/Regionally, Statewide, and Nationally (National & Federal Programs). The site covers the entire United States and US Territories. Please note, there is a membership fee to access the database ($25/month or $85/year; does not auto-renew). Your membership fee supports the website construction and on-going maintenance, funding program research and data entry, regular site updates and staff time.
To see an example image of the comprehensive “Search for Funding” tool, please go to https://historicfunding.com/SearchPreview
Interested in joining? Visit https://historicfunding.com/Membership to learn more!
Included on our site are
directories, listings and links to:
for historic preservation and cultural resource
positions and internships
...and much, much more. Use the sidebar on the left
to explore the vast resources for historic and
cultural resource preservation available on the site.
Not Sure What You are Looking For?
So much information resides on our site, and while we make every
attempt to organize in the most thoughtful and intuitive manner
possible we realize confusion/frustration can occur due to the
scope of the information. To this end, we have organized our
site for your convenience - here are great places to start when you
- Site Map - outlines our entire site, with direct links to
- Frequently Asked Questions - check here for answers
to typical questions we recieve on a variety of topics.
HISTORIC PRESERVATION NEWS HEADLINES:
The "Preservation News Headlines" section of our homepage highlights major news and information of great interest to the preservation community and is updated when news warrants (for a wide variety of news items, press releases and blog entries, please visit our "Preservation Blog" section). Click the links below to view the full article/press release
- The Work Ahead to Fund and Reauthorize the Historic Preservation Fund (Posted: September 28, 2023)
- Urge Congress to Support Efforts to Reauthorize the Historic Preservation Fund (Posted: September 28, 2023)
- Members of Congress Send Letter to IRS Urging Clear Guidance on Historic Preservation Easements (September 20, 2023)
- Alaska Association for Historic Preservation Seeking Nominations for the 2023 Annual Historic Preservation Awards (Posted: September 14, 2023)
- Preservation New Jersey Seeking Nominations for 2024 Most Endangered Historic Sites (Posted: September 14, 2023)
- National Park Service and Partner Agencies Announce $25.7 Million in Save America’s Treasures Grants (Posted: September 12, 2023)
- Historic Jantzen Beach Carousel Secures Bright Future in The Dalles (Posted: September 12, 2023)
- National Park Service Approves AFNHA Management Plan (Posted: September 8, 2023)
- Caucus to Protect Historic Stadiums Launched in Congress (Posted: September 8, 2023)
- Young Urban Preservationists - Call for New Members! (Posted: September 7, 2023)
- Pre-Applications Now Open for 2023 Technical Assistance Grants from the Preservation League of NYS (Posted: September 7, 2023)
- National Trust for Historic Places Seeking Nominations for the 2024 List of America’s 11 Most Endangered Historic Places (Posted: September 7, 2023)
- Ventfort Hall Mansion and Gilded Age Museum Announces New Board President and Board Members (Posted: September 6, 2023)
- Announcing the 2024 Round of the Massachusetts Historic Preservation Matching Grant Program (Posted: September 5, 2023)
- Pittsburgh History & Landmarks Foundation Now Accepting Grant Applications for the 2024 Cycle of the Historic Religious Properties Grant Program (Posted: September 2, 2023)
- Submit a Best of Maryland Award Nomination (Posted: September 2, 2023)
- Save This James Gamble Rogers Stadium/Salve Este Estadio de James Gamble Rogers (Posted: September 1, 2023)
- Save This 1942 Works Progress Administration Stadium/Salve Este Estadio de 1942 de la Administración del Progreso de Trabajos (Posted: September 1, 2023)
- National Park Service awards over $603,000 to American Indian Tribes, Alaskan Natives and Native Hawaiian Organizations (Posted: August 31, 2023)
- Lahaina Historic District Devastated by Wildfire - How You Can Help (Posted: August 23, 2023)
- ACHP, USDA Forest Service Partner in Cultural Resources Management Internship for HBCU Students (Posted: August 23, 2023)
- Partner Sites and Social Media:
- HistoricFunding.com - The site includes over 8,000 funding sources (grants, loans, tax incentives, rebate programs, CLG funds, and easement programs), as well as work-training and educational resources (apprenticeships, fellowships and internships, scholarships, and residency programs). HistoricFunding.com provides comprehensive funding and work-training/educational resources, which cover the various fields within cultural resource management. There are programs for historic preservation and building restoration (including emergency repair programs), museums and cultural resource conservation, architecture and design, downtown and main street revitalization, libraries and archives, archaeology, the arts (performing, visual, writing) and the humanities.
- HistoricForSale.com (our partner site; hundreds of historic real estate for sale listings across the US and Canada)
- PreservationDirectory.com Social Media:
Please note, many other articles and press releases can be found on our "Preservation Blog" - to view all of the news items related to historic and cultural resource preservation, please click here.
THIS MONTH'S JOB & INTERNSHIP LISTINGS:
Looking for a job, internship or grant-funded position in historic preservation or cultural resource management? New jobs are added regularly to the "Job Postings" directory, and recent positions are highlighted here on our homepage for your convenience.
Job listings are also posted to our Facebook page and Twitter feed (click links to join).
MOST RECENT PRESERVATION JOB & INTERNSHIP POSTINGS:
- Project Architectural Historian (Mid-Atlantic/Northeast), EDR, Remote or Various Locations - see job listing (Posted: September 26, 2023)
- Historic Preservationist Job Opening, City of Madison, Madison, Indiana (Posted: September 25, 2023)
- Looking for Preservation Architect, Historic Building Architects LLC, Trenton, New Jersey (Posted: September 21, 2023)
- Job Opportunity: Permit Technician - Historic Preservation Studio, City of Atlanta, Department of City Planning, Office of Design, Atlanta, Georgia (Posted: September 20, 2023)
- Job Opportunity: Urban Planner II - With the City of Atlanta's Historic Preservation Studio, City of Atlanta, Department of City Planning, Atlanta, Georgia (Posted: September 20, 2023)
- Job Opportunity: 1818 Project Associate, Minnesota Historical Society, St. Paul, Minnesota (Posted: September 14, 2023)
- 1 Full-time OR Part-time RPA Certified Senior Archeologist, Pax Environmental Inc., Southern California (Posted: September 12, 2023)
- Job Posting: Project Coordinator (Historic Preservation), City of Austin Economic Development Department, Austin, Texas (Posted: September 12, 2023)
- Preservation Greensboro Seeking Blandwood Museum Manager, Greensboro, North Carolina (Posted: September 12, 2023)
- Job Opening: RI Historical Preservation & Heritage Commission Senior Historic Grants Manager, Providence, Rhode Island (Posted: September 11, 2023)
- Request for Proposal for Archaeological & Ethnographic Survey, Palau (Posted: September 11, 2023)
- Paid Preservation Intern - Fall 2023, Epsilon Associates Inc., Maynard, Massachusetts (Posted: September 8, 2023)
- Paid Graduate Internships at the Getty Conservation Institute, Los Angeles, California (Posted: September 8, 2023)
- Job Opportunity: Preservation Greensboro Incorporated Seeking Executive Director, Greensboro, North Carolina (Posted: September 6, 2023)
Do you have a job opportunity or internship in historic preservation, cultural resource management, building restoration, architecture and design, etc. that you would like to post on our "Press Releases & Job Postings" directory? Click here to post your historic preservation and/or cultural resource management job opportunity.
NEW POLICY FOR JOB POSTS FROM EMPLOYERS: PreservationDirectory.com will no longer accept job listings that do not include salary range information nor will we accept listings for unpaid internships/fellowships. Why is this?
Studies have shown that women and people of color are statistically less likely to negotiate, which in turn can lead to a furthering of the wage gap found in the US. Adding competitive salary ranges has also been shown to improve the quality of applications received by employers.
Unpaid internships limit professional development opportunities to the more fortunate who are able to accept these positions. Unpaid internships devalue all preservation-related professional opportunities.
For more information, resources and to take a more active role in this movement, please visit “Call To Action: Labor Equity In Preservation” by Sarah Marsom, Heritage Resource Consultant at https://www.sarahmarsom.com/news/2020/6/25/call-to-action-labor-equity-in-preservation
Property For Sale
Historic Real Estate &
Vintage Homes Information:
Learn how to list your historic home, historic structure or other historic building for sale on our website. We accept listings from homeowners and real estate agents - the only criteria is that the house, building or structure be at least 50 years old to be considered historic.
Click here to learn more
Do you specialize in historic real estate? Please consider joining the "Unlimited Property Listing Program" - this program allows you to pay one yearly fee and then submit as many listings as you like during the 12 month period while your program membership is active. In addition, you will also receive a complimentary Agent Directory listing while your membership is active. For more information, please click here or contact us for more information.
Would you like to receive monthly email updates highlighting new properties added to our site? We send a monthly email update each month - learn about new properties added, get updates about the historic real estate for sale directory, resources for agents who specialize in historic real estate, and learn about other information related to historic real estate. Click here to sign up for the free monthly email historic real estate update.
|ATTENTION REALTORS® & AGENTS WITH MULTIPLE HISTORIC PROPERTY LISTINGS
Introducing the Unlimited Property Listing Program:
We are happy to introduce a new option for Realtors® and agents who would like to list an unlimited amount of historic homes, commercial buildings and other vintage structures for sale. By using the secure online form or by calling us at 503-308-0500, you will be able to pay a yearly fee upfront and instantly be able to list as many property listings as you like for a 12 month period (properties must be at least 50 years old or older to qualify; they need not be on the National Register or have any other historic designation to qualify).
Please note that our standard 2 month / 6 month / 12 month listings will remain, as this is just another option for those with multiple listings.
For pricing and more information, please click here.
Find PreservationDirectory.com on Social Media:
We are happy to announce that we have launched a companion page on Facebook (www.facebook.com/preservationdirectory), as well as a Twitter (@historicpres) page, to spread news and information of interest to the preservation community. The focus of our social media groups will be disseminating historic preservation-related news and policy alerts; job postings for museums, architecture firms, and organizations; historic homes for sale; and photos of historic places and structures.
The goal will be to use the networking expertise of Facebook and Twitter to keep members aware of preservation news, job information, and policy alerts. These tools will allow us to reach members instantly with late-breaking historic preservation news. We are also very excited to be able to alert our members to job listings as soon as they are added to PreservationDirectory.com.
In addition, we will be featuring historic homes for sale every Wednesday, as well as highlighting our business partners twice a month, and featuring the wonderful historic hotels/inns/B&Bs listed on our Historic Lodging Directory twice a month.
To join our Facebook page and follow us on Twitter, click the icons below:
Historic Preservation, Architecture, Restoration, Home Tours & Cultural Resource Events:
Check our "Preservation Events & Conferences" directory for information on upcoming events, conferences, trade shows, and other events related to historic preservation, cultural resources, and restoration. Constantly updated, the directory typically lists 150+ events for the coming 12-18 months in the world of historic and cultural resource preservation. To access the events directory, please click here.
Have an event you want to list? There is never any fee to list events, and you may use our convenient online form to submit your event information. To access the form, pleaes click here.
Looking for a Job in Preservation?
We maintain a popular and always-up-to-date directory of employment opportunities at museums, historic societities and historic preservation-related organizations, internships, university positions, and other jobs in the field of historic and cultural resource preservation.
To View our Directory of Jobs in Preservation - click here.
To List a Position or Internship in Preservation - click here.
NEW - Would you like to receive weekly notices of new preservation job postings to our site? Click here to sign up for our new Preservation Employment Email Updates.
NEW - We recently launched a separate blog for those looking for jobs in historic preservation and cultural resource management. Click here to view the new blog.