Preservation Architect, MTFA Architecture (Arlington, VA)
Contributed By: Lydia Davis
Seeking an architect with experience in historic preservation, who is committed to
transforming visions, enhancing potential, and exceeding expectations in the
built environment. In 2014, MTFA acquired John Milner Associates Preservation
to form the nucleus of our growing historic preservation firm. We are dedicated
to preserving and adapting historic buildings and sites nationwide.
Preservation is what we do and what we have been doing for over 40 years.
Working with us, you will experience:
To join us as a PRESERVATION ARCHITECT in our studio, you should have:
- Developing trusted relationships with clients
- Performing site surveys and preparing analysis of existing conditions and treatment options
- Coordinating drawings and specifications
Job Type: Full Time
- Knowledge of the Secretary of Interior’s Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Architecture with a specialization in Historic Preservation
- 5+ years of historic preservation experience
- Current architectural registration
- Interest in the technical aspects of historic properties and buildings, including historic materials
- Ability to collaborate with consultants and owner's representatives on complex multi-phased projects
- Strong communications and organizational skills
- Collaborative personality to bring out the best in team situations
- Experience with government projects is a plus
- U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident
Think MTFA is a good fit for you? Provide a letter of interest, resume and work sample to email@example.com.
All current career opportunities can be seen on our website: https://www.mtfa.net/firm/careers/
MTFA is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Job, career, preservation, architect, opening
Posted: October 17, 2019
Unless noted, the thoughts and opinions expressed in the article are solely that of the
author and not necessarily the opinion of the editors of PreservationDirectory.com.