Position Title: Heritage Conservation Technician
Location: Resource Management Division (Heritage Conservation Branch); Hunter House, 9601 Courthouse Road Vienna VA 22181.
Hours: Part time work not to exceed 900 hours per calendar year.
Salary: $21.00 to $30.00 per hour.
Overview: Fairfax County Park Authority (FCPA) is seeking a dynamic, talented, and energetic technician to work part or full time with the Heritage Conservation Branch (HCB) staff in our daily operations, which includes stewardship and conservation management of 114 historically significant sites in Fairfax County Virginia’s beautiful parks.
Job Duties will include but not limited to:
- Assisting Resident Curator Program Manager to update treatment and work plans on historic sites and participate in conservation inspections.
- Maintaining and tracking HCB financial data spreadsheet for reconciliation
- Working with Operations Manager to ensure work tasks for maintenance and conservation are entered, assigned, and tracked.
- Understanding and assisting with development of HCB Geographical Information System (GIS) property database.
- Assisting in conservation and maintenance inspections for 114 historically significant sites.
- Maintaining HCB’s Historic Buildings Grading System with assistance from Branch Manager.
- Administrative coordinator of the Historic Site Volunteer Corp (HSVC).
- Assisting in development of HCB Standard Operating Procedures
- Developing dynamic and informative presentations.
- Participation in public meetings after hours as necessary, such as Park Authority Board meetings, History Commission, Architectural Review Board, etc.
Preferred Qualifications: Applicants should be graduate students or graduates of a Historic Preservation Program or Architecture, Urban Planning equivalence and
have relevant interest and experience working with the Secretary of Interior
Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties. Preferred candidates will have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Note: This position may not exceed 900 hours per calendar year. Individuals in
these positions are not eligible for benefits and are not eligible to earn
leave or receive holiday pay.
To apply: Please email resume and cover letter with your
interest to email@example.com
If you have any questions, please email FCPAJOBS@Fairfaxcounty.gov or visit us online at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks/jobs-internships.
Keywords: Hiring, jobs, now hiring, Heritage Conservation, fairfax county.
Posted: June 30, 2021
Unless noted, the thoughts and opinions expressed in the article are solely that of the
author and not necessarily the opinion of the editors of PreservationDirectory.com.