Historic Preservation Specialist I / Survey Coordinator, Oklahoma Historical Society/State Historic Preservation Office (Oklahoma City, OK)
Contributed By: Lynda Ozan
This is the basic entry level position in which incumbents develop skills in the identification, evaluation, and documentation of archeological and historic properties and learn the basic principles of cultural resource management. Incumbents work under general supervision. The majority of the responsibilities assigned involve conducting archival and field research, evaluating archeological and historic properties documented by others, and assisting in the maintenance of cultural resources survey and inventory data.
Job Duties include:
• Develops research designs for architectural/historic survey projects and implements the designs through archival and field research.
• Prepares complex reports detailing architectural/historic survey project results as well as reviews complex reports and other documents prepared by professional consultants and others.
• Prepares National Register of Historic Places Nominations in accordance with the Secretary of the Interior's Standards and Guidelines for Evaluation and Registration and the division's established policies.
• Develops scopes of work for the procurement of professional services and monitors contracts with professional consultants and advises supervisor about project progress and compliance.
• Provides maintenance and completes error correction tasks for the division’s electronic database of architectural/historic resources.
• Presents programs about Oklahoma's architectural/historic resources and about the division's architectural/historic survey program as well as prepares articles for publication about the division's architectural/historic survey program.
• Coordinates with the Section 106 team to assist with project submissions.
Salary Range = $2,318.94-4,251.39
Unless noted, the thoughts and opinions expressed in the article are solely that of the
author and not necessarily the opinion of the editors of PreservationDirectory.com.