Indiana Landmarks - Community Preservation Specialist, Western Regional Office (Terre Haute, IN)
Contributed By: Tommy Kleckner
Landmarks seeks a dynamic and motivated individual for the full-time position
of Community Preservation Specialist in its Western Regional Office. The
Community Preservation Specialist assists in carrying out a full range of preservation
services in a 17-county region in western Indiana. The Community Preservation Specialist
- Work with property owners, community organizations, government officials, local preservation commissions and other groups on preservation issues and projects.
- Advocate for saving endangered landmarks and historic places in the region, utilizing our Endangered Places Fund
Assist with coordination and management of Indiana Landmarks real estate projects
- Help strengthen and support historic preservation organizations and other groups involved in local preservation efforts and initiatives
- Provide direct staff assistance to historic preservation commissions
- Assist in developing, organizing, and presenting regional educational programs (presentations, public programs, workshops, etc.) to a variety of audiences
FILING DEADLINE:12/01/2023 11:59:00 PM
SALARY RANGE: $42,000 - $45,000/Year
- Working knowledge of historic
preservation practices, programs, regulations, and approaches
- Degree in historic
preservation or a degree in a related field with professional preservation
experience; Master’s degree preferred
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
to effectively engage with the public through outreach and regular public
The position requires frequent travel,
evening meetings, and occasional weekend responsibilities.
TO APPLY: Email
a letter of introduction and resume using subject line “CPS Application” to Tommy Kleckner, Director, Western Regional Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unless noted, the thoughts and opinions expressed in the article are solely that of the
author and not necessarily the opinion of the editors of PreservationDirectory.com.